No products in the basket.
A healthier take on the old school favourites for this festive season.
Christmas is usually seen as a time for eating and drinking all the things you deny yourself of for the year BUT it does not have to be like that!
Throughout the year and even over Christmas making smart decisions for the health of yourself and family should be a breeze; and not feel like a daily struggle of denial. Look to the old recipes and just tweek them that little bit to make the body and mind happy this festive season.
The recipe below if from the BBC Food site and was a basic Mince Pie recipe but with a few swaps and substitute you can sit and enjoy this handful of seasonal silliness and not feel the bloat later!
- 25g/1oz unsalted Organic (made from raw milk- even better!) butter, melted
- 150g/5½oz mincemeat- I make this myself see here for the recipe
- 125g/4½oz ripe pear or apple
- 50g/1¾oz chopped cherries- beautiful this season!
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 5 sheets filo pastry- If you are GF then coconut wraps like these will work and be eaten raw too.