No products in the basket.
Hi there Future Food Coach,
Before embarking on any new training program, it’s most important that you have all the information at your fingertips to help you make the right decision, right? That means being able to ask the right questions at the right time – before you sign on the dotted line.
So to help you get started, I thought I’d give you a list of the most frequently asked questions about our program. Now you may have additional questions and that’s great, we can answer those too. Just e-mail us or call our number and we’ll help you with any difficulties you have straight away.
But in the meantime check out our list of questions and answers below. It should cover most of your queries when you’re thinking about whether you should sign on for this excellent training program.
I’m really looking forward to meeting you as a treasured member of our program very soon. Until then check out our FAQs below.
Professor Shirley McIlvenny MBBCH, MD, FRCGP(UK), FRACGP
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Food Coach? A Food Coach is someone who coaches clients to reach their goals in a healthier eating plan. Now that goal may be to lose weight or possibly be a healthy vegetarian. It might even be someone who wants to have a gluten-free diet.
In all those cases, the Food Coach is there beside the client, helping them along with support, information and practical advice. It’s like sport coaching. Beside every Olympic athlete, there’s a coach cheering them on, motivating them when they’re down, giving them specific advice, each little piece of which gets them a bit further over the line.
And that’s what you’re going to be. Motivating and encouraging your clients across the line – to success!
2. Do I need to have any specific training before I sign on? No, you don’t need any prior qualifications to sign on for this course. Which is great. That means that no-one has to worry about whether they have the right qualifications or previous experience.
If you get a kick out of helping people, and you’re interested in food and healthy eating, then you’ve come to the right place.
3. Can my previous learning be accredited? Possibly. If you already have qualifications in this area your certificates may make you eligible for accredited prior learning. Contact our friendly helpful support staff for further information. They’re waiting to take your call.
4. What languages will the course be in? The course will be run in English at this stage so we recommend that any students should have English language skills to IELTS General Training System Band Score 5 (To find out more about this click here).
This does not mean that you have to run your business in English or speak to your clients in English. Once you have completed all the training, you will be able to adapt your skills and knowledge to any language or culture. It just means that all the teaching will be in English.
We want you to have the best experience possible, so that’s why we recommend a certain level of English skills. You’re welcome to try the course whatever background you come from.
5. How much time out of my week will I have to commit? The beauty of this course is that we have made it as flexible as possible for everyone – whether you’re a busy mum at home, or a retired person who wants to smell the roses along the way, or a speedy Gonzales who wants to finish the course in record time – we can work to your speed, whatever that is.
You will be delivered the course unit by unit. Each unit assessment can be submitted at any time. There is a 24 month time limit on both the Foundation Program and Diploma courses so you will have plenty of time to complete your assignments. You decide your own time-scale. That why it’s a perfect program for busy people. There’s no stress, no pressure.
The only recommendation we have is that you complete the units in the order you’re given for the Certificate and that you complete each unit before you move onto the next one. It’s that simple.
The average time that students take is around 24 months for the International courses. That would need a commitment of around 10 hours per week. However that’s just an average – it’s entirely up to you.
We want you to succeed. We don’t want anyone to drop out because they’ve been sick or have had a drama in the family. When the dust settles, you can just pick up where you left off and start again.
6. Do I need to be tech savvy? All of the course material is delivered on-line so you will need access to a computer. However as long as you can use e-mail and login using a username and password you will have access to all your learning materials and support. So that’s as much technical know-how as you’ll need. For the On-line courses you will need to do oral questions and video recordings of practical exercises with simulated clients but this can be done using Skype or making recordings on your phone and submitting them on-line.
We‘ll be here with e-mail and telephone support to help you stay on course and on-line, we are in the office 5 days a week and are always happy to help.
7. Do I need to have business experience? No. Previous experience running a business may be an advantage but if you have never run a business before it’s no barrier to signing up for the course. In fact the second half of the diploma is all about setting up and running your own business. We give you the skills to be able to get your own business going and then follow-it up with on-going expert business support. So you’ll never feel alone with no-one to ask for help.
8. What courses are available to me? The first course is the International Foundation Program. This introduces you to the world of nutrition. All the units are compulsory in the Certificate but there are plenty of options later on.
Then you follow-it up with the International Diploma in Food Coaching. This will provide you with all the knowledge and skills you’ll need to become a fantastic food coach.This also builds on your previous knowledge and skills with more expert tuition in dealing with children, athletes and how to run an exercise program. It also includes options on building your business so you can tailor your learning to where the gaps are in your experience. It’s so flexible you wouldn’t believe.
9. What if I want to take extra units when I’ve finished? There will be the opportunity for International graduates to take any extra unit options they wish to take. Just sign on for the extra unit as a stand-alone course and you’re in. Easy as…
10. What happens after I graduate? Well once you have completed the International Program you will have enough knowledge to start helping clients develop a healthier diet. Completing the Diploma will give you all the expert knowledge to get your own business started and market it to your clients. But it doesn’t stop there.
We also give you the opportunity to join our business mentoring program too. It’s all in place – all the support you’ll ever need to be a successful Food Coach in any country in the world.
11. Where can I be a Food Coach after I graduate? The opportunities are endless for Food Coaches in today’s world. Just straight off the bat – you can work from home, setting up your food coaching business using a spare room or even your very own couch. You can see clients at home or you can go to their home – a mobile food coach. This service might be very useful if you want to target the elderly or busy mums at home. You can have an on-line business – dealing by e-mail or have an on-line membership club. You can even arrange to do sessions at your local GP clinic or shopping mall. Or a job with a weight loss company? You are only limited by your imagination. The possibilities are out there for the taking…
12. How do I get started? To get started straight away, contact 1300 958 480 within Australia and +61300 958 480 from outside Australia or email us: email@example.com
Remember you don’t have to start studying until you’re ready, so even if you need a couple of weeks to clear off your work backlog you can still sign on today and get access to the first unit. The clock is not ticking. In fact, there is no clock.
Even though you have read through all the questions, you may still have some queries. That’s not a problem. Just give us a call or email and one of talented, enthusiastic, warm and friendly support team will answer your questions.
Just give us a call now on 1300 958 480 within Australia and +61300 958 480 from outside Australia or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.